Murder Suspect On The Run Calls 911 to Complain About Cold McDonald’s Fries

A Georgia man called 911 to complain about cold french fries from McDonald’s, having apparently forgotten the fact that he is a murder suspect on the run from the police.

Antoine Sims, 24, got into a heated argument with the staff at a McDonald’s in Kennesaw, Georgia, complaining that his order was taking too long and his fries were cold.

“So now our food is sitting there cold,” Sims told the officer. “So, when I come up, I try the fries. The fries are lukewarm, but they’re not hot.”

The manager of the McDonald’s apparently offered the man a refund, but he declined the offer, claiming it would take days for the money to be returned to his bank account.

Both Sims and the McDonald’s employees called 911 in response to the argument.

“The owner said he was cursing at him and wanted him to leave and to be issued a criminal trespass warning,” Kennesaw Police officer David Buchanan said.

“I don’t ever want him back here,” the manager of the McDonald’s manager told one officer, according to the police report. “I mean, dude’s obviously on probation (out on bond) — got an ankle bracelet on.”

While officers listened to both sides of the story, they asked dispatch to run a check on Sims through the crime database.

Bodycam footage of the encounter shows an officer asking Sims to sign a document promising not to trespass at this McDonald’s location in the future. The officer urges Sims to come closer to him in order to sign the paperwork, but the suspect starts to get nervous, backing off.

“I’m afraid of y’all. I just did three years, sir. I’m afraid of y’all, sir,” Sims told the police.
Sims then asked if he was under arrest, and one officer said, “Yeah.”

The suspect immediately began sprinting away from the police, with several officers chasing him through the parking lot of the fast food restaurant and into a nearby apartment complex.

The chase ended when an officer fired a taser at Sims from behind, hitting him in the back. The suspect immediately fell to the pavement, letting out a high-pitch scream.

“It’s very unusual that someone, knowing he is wanted by police, would call the police, but Mr. Sims did that,” Officer Buchanan said.

Sims had previously been charged with the 2018 murder of Adelisa Murtatovic in Johns Creek.

Murtatovic’s body was discovered inside a burning car following an alleged drug deal gone wrong. Police identified three suspects in her murder, two of whom turned themselves in to authorities. The third, Sims, went on the run.

In April of 2019, U.S. Marshals caught Sims in Wisconsin. He was then charged with homicide, arson and concealing the death of another.

Shockingly, Sims was allowed out on bond. He was due back in court in July to enter his plea, but he did not show up. A warrant was then issued out of Fulton County for failure to appear in court.

“In addition to his outstanding warrant, Sims was charged with obstruction or hindering law enforcement and criminal trespass,” according to reporting by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Upon searching his fiancée’s vehicle, police also discovered 31 grams of marijuana, along with evidence of distribution. As a result of the discovery, Sims was charged with possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute.

Watch the entire bodycam footage below: