DHS Warns Wave of Pro-Abortion Violence Could Last Weeks

The Department of Homeland Security is warning Americans that a wave of pro-abortion violence could potentially last “for weeks,” as extremists across the country react to the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

In a three-page memo, the DHS outlined the threat violent extremists now pose to federal and state officials, particularly judges, as well as to ordinary Americans.

“Some domestic violent extremists (DVEs) will likely exploit the recent US Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe V. Wade to intensify violence against a wide range of targets,” the DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis wrote in the memo.

“We expect violence could occur for weeks following the release, particularly as DVEs may be mobilized to respond to changes in state laws and ballot measures on abortion stemming from the decision,” the memo continued.

The DHS added that their assessment of the risk of violence was based on the increase in incidents they had previously observed after the leak of a Supreme Court draft opinion, which hinted more than a month ago that the court was preparing to overturn Roe.

The memo also stated that “federal and state government officials” were most at risk of being targeted by violent extremists.

Protests against the Supreme Court decision have already broken out in cities across the U.S. In New York City, at least two dozen people were arrested in connection to mass protests, and in Washington D.C., crowds could be heard chanting “burn the precinct to the ground” outside the Metropolitan Police headquarters.

In Arizona, police had to use tear gas to break up a mob of people who had gathered outside the state’s Senate building on Friday night. Arizona State Senator Kelly Townsend said lawmakers were instructed not to leave the building as police tried to control the crowd.

“We are currently there being held hostage inside the Senate building due to members of the public trying to breach our security,” Townsend tweeted that night. “We smell tear gas and the children of one of the members are in the office sobbing with fear.”

Arizona’s attorney general, Mark Brnovich, added that “this wasn’t a lawful or peaceful protest.”